26 August 2012


I would like to take this opportunity to thank an organization who has helped me to get where I am today. The Estonian Foundation of Canada offers scholarships to students and athletes of Estonian descent, and I am honoured to be selected for the scholarship this year. The basic funding we get through our sport federation is not enough to cover all of my expenses, so this has helped us pay for flights 
to important tournaments so I can compete in the sport 
I love and ultimately reach my goal of competing in the 
2016 Olympics.

Nationals 2012 - Bronze Medal

I am extremely proud of my Estonian heritage. Although I was born in Canada, I feel a strong connection to this tiny country, especially through my grandparents who were born there. Some of my relatives are still in Estonia, but many of them also live in Toronto, where the Canadian-Estonian community is quite strong. I attended Estonian night school as a kid so I am able to speak, read and write the language. It's important to me to stay connected to my roots, so it means a lot to me when I am recognized and supported by organizations like the Estonian Foundation of Canada.
Suur tรคnu!

No comments:

Post a Comment