03 August 2012

Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna















After getting back from Korea, we had a couple of days to adjust back to Vancouver time. We spent a lovely day stand-up paddling boarding along English Bay with Mila, enjoyed some delicious, familiar food that we missed in Korea and watched the start of the Olympics!  



Dandelion coffee. Who knew?!
My friend and UofT teammate Elodie at opening ceremonies!




Shortly after that, we competed in BC Provincials July 28&29. We had a blast playing under a sunny sky at Kits, and ended up winning the tournament! Many thanks to our cheering squad, Kat and Karlee! 
Karlee, Kat and me with our celebratory Caesars :)

Passed by nude cyclists on my way home.... awesome.

 We decided to take a little break after Provincials, so Jamie took me to her hometown Victoria, on Vancouver Island. It was my first time taking the ferry over to the island, and I have to say, it was really beautiful. I wish I had more time to explore!! I have a really good feeling I'll b back there some day soon!
A few sights from the trip to Victoria... sigh 



Now we're in Kelowna, gearing up for what is probably the most fun tournament of the year. It's part of Centre of Gravity, a multisport festival with music acts and parties all weekend long.  Some of the top teams from Canada will be here to the competition will be tough!! Jamie and I are ready for anything, so bring it on!!


No comments:

Post a Comment